I saw this meme over at A Room of One’s Own, and it looked like fun. So two posts in a day!
and a distraction from that one short story that just isn’t working out…
- Describe yourself: Soul Music by Terry Pratchett.
- How do you feel: Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clark- Magic just at your fingertips, but it’s not there yet and can only be reached through a lot of hard work. Stupid short story.
- If you could go anywhere, where would you go: The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien- Middle-Earth has been calling to me from the age of nine or so.
- Your favorite form of transportation: Inkheart by Cornelia Funke- the whole trilogy, really. Books are the best way to go anywhere.
- Your best friend is: Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett. This is because of how well the humor fits 🙂
- You and your friends are: See above.
- What’s the weather like: The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. In other words, hellish (yes, I know the pun is cheesy)
- You fear: Fifty Shades of Grey and everything it stands for.
- What is the best advice you have to give: Man’s Search For Meaning by Victor Frankl.
- Thought for the day: Bertie Wooster Sees It Through by P.G. Wodehouse.
- How I would like to die:
- My soul’s present condition: Mystery and Manners by Flannery O’Connor. “Writing a novel is a terrible experience, during which the hair often falls out and the teeth decay.”